Friday, February 10, 2012

An Easy Romantic Dinner


Last night my husband asked me if I was making a special dinner for Valentine's day.  The answer is yes.  I am planning on making a romantic dinner for two tomorrow night.  I would love to say I am making something super complicated (like beef wellington) but I would be lying.  The kids have been wearing me out lately and by the time I was done cooking, I would be too crabby to enjoy it.  I am keeping the food simple, lighting a few candles, creating a romantic playlist and buying a bottle of champagne.  Here is my super simple menu.  If even this seems like too much work for you, skip it and just buy the champagne.  You won't even miss the food after a few drinks!

The Menu
Clinton Kelly's Beef Stroganoff 
Garlic bread bought at the bakery and thrown in the oven
Roasted red potatoes and broccoli
-Heat oven to 400.  Toss 1/2 lb of broccoli and 1 lb of red potatoes (cut in half) with 2 tbs. of olive oil and salt and pepper.  Roast for 18-20 minutes.
Ice cream pie
-Buy a cookie crumb pie shell and fill it with your favorite ice cream.  I am using a coffee flavor.  Drizzle hot fudge or caramel over the top.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment