Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Industrial Farmhouse Style

My sister and I used to play "architects" when we were little.  We would spend hours drawing up floor plans for our dream houses.  My dream house has changed over the years.  My husband and I have been talking about building a new home and I am leaning towards a modern farmhouse with some industrial elements.  Characteristics of a modern farmhouse are lots of natural light, rooms are more open to each other, lots of grey and white, salvaged materials, distressed wood, and vintage mixed with new.  They tend to have a casual, lived-in feel to them.  Here are a few inspirational photos.

Via House & Home
Bold color and a large sink make this bath kid-friendly.

Via Alicia B. Designs
Beadboard and stainless steel pair perfectly in this kitchen. 

Via Houzz
I would say this is a "modern" farmhouse kitchen.

Via House & Home
Industrial lighting and chairs look right at home with the weathered table.

Source Unknown
Typical farmhouse except for the unique column and large windows.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment