Thursday, February 16, 2012

Twenty-five ways to show your child love


Is it just me or are the days flying by?  Life seems to move at such a fast pace that the things that are most important to us often get pushed to the side.  I wonder how many times a day I tell my children to hurry up.  Or how often do I say "Just a minute" and never get back to them.  I'm guilty of passing on bedtime stories because there is laundry to fold.  I am a great multi-tasker.  In fact, sometimes too great.  So that is why I am going to hang this list up as a reminder of what is really important.  And then I am going to give a few much deserved hugs and kisses to my baby.

 1. Let them help you make dinner
 2. Color with them
 3. Admit when you are wrong
 4. Give your baby a massage
 5. Make chicken noodle soup when they're sick
 6. Give them honest compliments
 7. Display their artwork
 8. Sit down and eat dinner together (no phones or T.V.)
 9. Give them Eskimo kisses
10. Always give them a hug when they ask for one
11. Decorate their bedroom door for their birthday (or a big game/recital)
12. Stick a note and chocolate kisses in their lunch
13. Stop being in such a hurry all the time
14. Cut their sandwich into a heart shape
15. Watch Saturday morning cartoons together in your pajamas
16. Give yourself breaks when you need them
17. Warm up their towel during bath time
18. Always make time for bedtime stories
19. Send them a birthday card in the mail
20. Have just baked cookies for them after school
21. Make up a song or secret handshake that only the two of you know
22. Surprise them with a picnic at the park or an afternoon at the movies
23. Embrace the unique things about them, don't try to change them
24. Let them teach you something (a game, names of dinosaurs, etc.)
25. Don't do everything for them
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment