Thursday, February 7, 2013

A Sledding Party


So what do you do when you have had nine consecutive days of snow?  Well, you can tell everyone you meet that you are moving to Florida OR you can throw a sweet little sledding party.  Gather some friends and hit the hills. We are having a casual afternoon party with kids and adults so I chose easy help yourself kind of food.

Menu
Slow cooker hot chocolate (See recipe below)
Caramel corn
Chili and toppings
Hot dogs and condiments
Single Serving bags of Fritos
Assorted raw veggies
Chocolate chip cookies

Slow cooker hot chocolate
Ingredients:
1.5 cups of heavy cream
1 can (14 oz.) of sweetened condensed milk
2 cups of milk chocolate chips
6 cups of milk
1 tsp. of vanilla extract

Place all ingredients into a slow cooker and stir.  Cook on low heat, stirring occasionally.  I turned mine down to warm once all the ingredients were well combined.

I made some star wands similar to the ones pictured on the inspiration board.  I spread whipped cream onto a wax paper-lined pan and froze until it was set.  Then I used a star-shaped cookie cutter to make the stars and I stuck a popsicle stick (because that is what I had) in each one.  I think the frozen whipped cream will be a nice way to cool the hot chocolate for the little kids, but you could definitely use marshmallows instead.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment