Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Where The Wild Things Are Inspired Bedroom

Yesterday I walked into our upstairs bathroom and noticed that something was different.  It took me a second to realize that all of the trim was finished.  It has been almost five years since we started remodeling the bathroom so you can understand my surprise.  The hubby also finished installing the trim in the back entry  (a project started in 2006) and he put up the stair railing for the new basement stairs. I don't know what has gotten into him, but I fully plan on taking advantage of his sudden urge to work on the house.  I just so happen to have a new project for us.  Ollie is going to need a "big boy" room soon and I am thinking about giving it a "Where the Wild Things are" look.  I love the idea of having clouds hang from a star-covered ceiling and a crown hanging from his bed post.  A tree stump stool and a bookshelf that looks like a branch will fit right in.  The wall color is the same as the background of the inspiration board and his bed will be painted the bronze color.  I am thinking about adding a tent with twinkle lights if there is enough space in the room.  I can't wait to get started!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment