Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Squirreling Away

Squirrel Nutcracker

Years ago my husband got a squirrel nutcracker for Christmas.  He loved the thing and proudly displayed it in our first apartment and our first home.  I was never a big fan of  the thing, probably because of my fear of being attacked by a squirrel.  I always felt like the little guy was waiting for me to turn my back and then he would pounce.  He also did not fit in with my holiday decor.  That is why when we moved to our current home, he "accidently" got boxed up with items going to my in-law's house.  I thought he was out of our lives forever until one day I walked into the kitchen and there he was.  He had found his way home.  I needed to step up my game.  I decided to take him to my brother's house for Thanksgiving and discreetly hide him in their holiday decorations.  I figured he would be much happier there.  Unfortunately, I switched diaper bags at the last minute and left him behind.  The squirrel wins again!  Yesterday I happened to be browsing through the Anthropologie website and guess what I saw.  You got it!  Could it be that my husband was right  all along? Is this little nutcracker really a gem?  I have my doubts, but I did put it out on display.  Who am I to argue with Anthropologie?
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment